When writing a job description it needs to accurately reflect the duties and responsibilities of the position but it also needs to include a little personality from your company. Don’t be afraid to be a little silly in your job description, if that is your brand. Also, don’t be afraid to be serious – if you absolutely need some degree or accreditation, say so.
When finished, a well-written marketing manager job description conveys a realistic explanation of a job and answers the question, “What does a marketing manager in this company actually do?”
We’ve started one for you, feel free to add to and subtract what will work best in your company.
At [Your Company Name], we’re looking for a marketing manager who is hungry to help us build awareness about how our products/services can satisfy our customers’ needs. Our ideal candidate has experience developing and executing marketing campaigns. They should be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, as well as a long-term strategy, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs.
They should have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions, including communications, advertising, branding, digital marketing, and social media. If you are a people-person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you.
Marketing Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and analyze customers’ behavior and insights, consumer trends, market analysis, and marketing best practices to build successful strategies
- Plan, create and implement strategic marketing campaigns that align with company goals
- Organize promotional assets and campaigns for new products/services launches
- Set up and maintain tracking systems for online marketing activities
- Write content for campaigns across various channels such as social media, email, and blog
- Manage all online channels of production, including website, social media pages, email campaigns, and responses
- Create, maintain and strengthen the organization’s overall brand through all media avenues
- Create and distribute content on key channels to reach new audiences
Marketing Manager Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Proven work experience in digital marketing and knowledge of content management, creative writing, advertising concepts and vendor negotiations
- Demonstrable experience with social media marketing, email marketing, advertising campaigns, marketing databases and analytics, and SEO/SEM
- Knowledge of traditional marketing tools
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and planning digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate
- Knowledge of various Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Solid organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to simplify complex information into a user-friendly format
If you’re interested in this position, apply here [link] or send your resume to [company HR email].
Contact us today to see if the program is right for you: email@example.com